Hanisah
Sunday, October 11, 2009 @ The period of searching for individuality.

Second sis' Junior College friends came home for Raya so mom cooked lots of food. TOO much to be precise. There were too much that mom had to call up my cousin who likes her cooking just to not waste the food. So he came and ate the food. Mom even packed some , lots of food for his family. Mom and dad sent him to the train station cause it's late and they wouldn't want him to walk carrying that heavy bag full of food. I followed mom and dad cause I wanted to slack in the car and also 'cause mom had planned to go to Sheng Siong supermarket to buy the ingredients for the food mom's gonna cook for first sis' friends who will be coming for Raya which is today. The main point why I had followed mom to the supermarket was because I wanted to buy another can of whipped cream. Yeah, I know it's unhealthy.



I've started playing my piano a few days back after months of not touching the keys and now I knew why mom and dad wanted to sell it off. Basically cause the keys are off. Siti Nuraini said I'm a musician. L-O-L! One of the things mom and dad are proud of me is my talent to play the piano without any piano classes or whatsoever music classes. Here's how I started to play the piano:


I've been listening to both my elder sisters play the piano since the day I was born. Both my sisters attended piano lessons when they were around 5years old and stopped when they were like teens. I'm not really sure why but probably cause they were too busy. So. As a kid, I started to fall in love with the piano and I even have a photo of me with my fingers on the keys(trying to press them as hard as I could but my fingers were to small to even press it down) when I was 1 year old.

At 7, I started to learn how to play the piano with simple songs like Old McDonald or BaBa Black sheep. At 8, I was thought how to read the notes during music lesson in school cause we were learning how to play the recorder. Music is in me since young so I always paid attention during music lessons. It was there where I learnt how to read notes. Other than that, I learnt how to read them by reading the instructions from my sisters' piano classes book. At 9, I officially knew how to play proper songs.


Since the keys are off now, I can't play well due to the offtune keys. Mom, dad, I need a new piano!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've read my previous post, you'd probably know about the Teen Zone stylish living for teens (bedroom edition) book I've read. Check this out,

A context from the book TEEN ZONE stylish living for teens(bedroom edition):
(I've changed some of the text)

The teenage years precipitate a powerful search for individuality. Within the family home, your kids' bedroom is a brilliant place to start: it should be a private place of their own, where they crystallize their style. Talk to any group of teen girls and the message is clear: they want a space that they can stamp with their own personalities. The color of the walls or the size of the bed is almost immaterial. What matters most is that your daughter is allowed to exercise control of her room. As a parent, only you can decide her the small freedom of her decorating as she wishes, she will create space of which she is proud, and in which she will enjoy spending time.


Alright I'll stop there. So read the sentences in italic fonts. If your parents don't allow you to paste stuffs on the walls on any excuses (apart from 'mcm bilik syaitan;tk akn bwk malaikat masuk'), tell them those blue coloured sentences. If you're a teen, this is the time where you find your true personality so literally it means this is the only right time to express your personalities by starting it in your room-like me! I'm so thankful to have such parents who would allow me to modify the furnitures, paste, design craps etc in my room. I have friends who aren't allow to do such stuffs though they think it's what they wanna do. Follow my advice, tell them what I adviced you guys to tell. For those who loves graffiti, tell your parents that if you're not allowed to spray in your room, you'll do it in public. Tsk.


I've had enough. This is Hanisah signing off.



Peace, Love & Respect,
The Owner,
XoX
o

Labels:

BIOGRAPHY


This is basically where Hanisah blogs stuffs that she find to be intriguing or the stuffs that has happened to her. She loves reading Neil Gaimen's books and watching Yasmin Ahmad's films. Hanisah is also insane over acapella and filipino/filipino american (I know, you don't need to know that). She plays the piano. Watching musicals and plays are her thangzs too.



Hanisah's Tumblr


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

free counters

talk it out




Train Station.

spontaneous applause
.fourth!Romance is the designer.
Inspiration from Exuvalia and mintypeach.