

FIRST DAY OF HARI RAYA.
So. How was my Hari Raya? Bad, I say. BAD. I didn't even get to break fast with mom and dad on the last day of Ramadhan cause they had to rush to the hospital to visit my aunt who was seriously ill after fainting at home. Most of the stuffs my family and I do on Hari Raya eve was cancelled. I didn't had the chance to help dad with the green packets , boil the ketupats with dad (instead I boiled the ketupats with my sisters), last minute shopping at Geylang Bazaar with family etc. On the eve of Hari Raya I slept at around 3plus in the morning. I woke at 7am only to find out that mom and dad was still not home yet so I slept again until 8plus. Mom and dad came home at around 9. They told my sisters and I to quickly change into our Hari Raya clothes cause we're visiting my aunt at the hospital. While we were rushing, dad received a phone call. We were too late. My aunt had left us and will never return. Innalillah wa'inalillahi roji'un. I didn't really cried mainly cause I'm not really close to her but I did feel the sorrows. I just can't deny the fact that she had left us on the first day of Syawal (Hari Raya). Maybe dad was sad deep inside his heart that he forgot about the maaf-maafan tradition. Before leaving the house to my aunt's house(aka granny's house), I looked at the coffee table at the living room. No Hari Raya kueh on the table. We didn't even had the time to place the kueh onto the table.
Reached my aunt's house. I was so happy to meet my granny. My family and I stayed there from 11plus till 4plus. It was a shorter period than usual. Anyway, as usual, my cousins and I grabbed some cakes and coffee from Starbucks when we were at my aunt's home. It's a cousin tradition. Bahs. 1st sis drove us to Starbucks. We had yummy oreo cheesecake and choc/coffee of our own in the car. This time mom paid for all of us (last year we had to use our Hari Raya money). We came back to aunt's home, spent a little while there and then off we went to my uncle's home to prepare the flowers for my aunt's funeral the next day. I gave granny a BIG, SINCERE, LOVING hug to her before leaving. I LOVE YOU, NEK!
SECOND DAY OF HARI RAYA.
I visited my aunt's funeral and collected tears instead of visiting relatives and collecting green packets. Mom mandikan the jenazah. I followed to the graveyard. I was surprised to see another family who were also there for the same purpose right beside my aunt's 'you know what'. I placed the flowers on my aunt's grave after she was safely buried and shed tears.
Harap Wak akan digolongkan ke dalam orang-orang yang beriman kerana Nisah percaya Wak tidak sempat melakukan apa-apa dosa atau maksiat dalam bulan yang suci ini. Nisah tahu Wak telah sempurnakan puasa Wak walaupun Wak sedang sakit. Nisah percaya semua dosa-dosa Wak telah dimaafkan setelah sebulan berpuasa dan beribadah kepada Tuhan. Dengan itu, Wak tentu telah dibersihkan dari segala dosa. Nisah tidak sempat mengucapkan kata-kata ini semasa Wak masih ada, Nisah sayang Wak Ona.
THIRD DAY OF HARI RAYA.
Came back to school after a long break from school. My malay/muslims friends were talking about the fun they had and the money they had collected. Gosh. I only collected about less than s$50 and mom and dad still havent given me Hari Raya money cause they were too busy with preparing the kenduri tahlil. Anyway, almost more than half of the girls from my class (including me) were caught for short skirts by the DM today (it was a spot check, for goodness sake!). It was funny that some of my other classmates and I were caught 'though our clothes were not short. We were caught cause the DM checked our skirts and found out that we folded our skirts. And yes, I did too. GOSH. This is the owner signing off.
Peace, Love & Respect,
The Owner
XoXo
Labels: Short Skirts.


