Hanisah
Thursday, August 20, 2009 @ leeches go away.


THE LAST DAY [of my vacation on National Day]




We woke up very early in the morning and had our breakfast. Right after that we went back to our rooms to rest and do our business for abt 1hr and then we checked out off the hotel. Mum and dad [as usual, the organizers of the vacation] had planned to go to the nature reserve park in Johore, but mum realised that we were in the wrong nature reserve park after I had leeches. We were at the wrong park; some kind of hardcore trekking park, to be precise. First we went to the park which has an ultimately beautiful river. Such beautiful river, but not the best I've seen (been seeing a lot of waterfalls & rivers since I was young so now it's not really a big deal for me).




After the waterfall visit, we went to the waterfall. THAT was the part when the leeches started to attack us. Maybe I was just too engrossed with my photo-taking; I was busy taking photos of my surrounding & relatives. I realized I was bitten by a leech when I was sitting on a metal staircase just to get a better shot of the waterfall. I was setting up my camera to the 'foliage' mode and then I looked at my right foot.





AHHH!!! Mama!!! Abah!!




That was what I screamed the moment I saw the leech. Awesomely panicked. I shook of my foot to get rid of it, and of course it didn't fall off but my shoe fell off my foot instead. My shoe flew off and fortunately my uncle managed to catch it before it fell into the water. My uncle tried to pull it off my foot, but can't. Then my cousin swept it off with his hand at luckily it dropped off. Fortunately the leech haven't suck my blood that much so there was just a tiny red dot.



How the leech looks like:

It wasn't the kind of those big, fat leech. It was the kind of really thin leech; about the size of a string, and when it moves, it stretches itself till about 5cm? And then once in a while it will stop and stand itself on the ground roughly about 3cm. I guess it's the way it detect for it's victim. After finish sucking blood, it will get fatter, about 3-4cm wide. It will turn black when sucking/ after sucking blood but it use to be brown.


After I was bitten, the others checked themselves and my 1st sis had it too but it didn't get to suck any blood at all, so there were no blood on her foot. We were all worried that the others would get bitten too so we all went back to our cars. Thank God only a few of us went to the waterfall cause to go to the waterfall, we had to climb down a long staircase, walk about a few miles and walk through a long, huge wooden bridge so most of 'em didn't go cause they were tired. It was very tiring to get back to our cars cause the stairs were oh-so long. The makciks reached the last, cause they were already walking as if they're lame. My younger sis, 1st sis, cousin and I reached first. I quickly went into my car to get a tissue cause my leg was itching so I had to wipe off the blood. A few minutes later the makciks and a few of my older cousins reached. How funny it was to see my aunt's relieved face after climbing the stairs. As soon as she stepped on the last step, she said : YAY!
while raising both her hands in the air.






Next I heard my cousin screaming. She could feel 2 leeches climbing up her legs. My aunt [her mum] quickly ask her to take off her trousers. Luckily the place was deserted, so she wasn't that shy to do so. One of the leech was caught, by the other was missing. She felt it somewhere near her butt. She vomited cause she didn't feel well. We all checked ourselves to see if there were anymore leeches especially me. I checked; and I couldn't spot any.





Then we had our lunch. While we were at the carpark and walking to the food place [warung], I checked my shoes and then suddenly a big, fat, black thingy fell off my legs, followed by blood. This was the part I realised that I'm kind of a dramatic queen [awtah]. I fell back to the ground, and suddenly I was already seated at the carpark. I rolled up my jeans and there was a large patch of blood oozing out of my leg. My jeans were already covered with some blood. I felt dizzy. My aunt which was near me quickly stepped on the leech cause it might find another victim whe it'll feel hungry later on. And yesss, once she stepped on it, blood from the leech flow out of it. MANY blood. I was having a bloody leg when I was eating. It couldn't stop bleeding for at about 2-3 hours. After eating, most of us went to the surau right beside the eating place to pray. Mum asked me to take off my jeans at the surau, just incase there's more leech. As I took it off, there was another leech but it was already dead.

Looks like I've accidentally smashed it while it was sucking my blood under my jeans. Then again, I fell onto the ground;and already seated. SO dramatic. "Oh my God, you're so retarded". That was what my 2nd sis said when I fell for the third time. There was so much blood on the underside of the jeans. Thought of taking a shot of it since I didnt get to take a shot of my leg, but a day after we were back in Singapore, I realized mum had washed the jeans.





Oh yeah, a day after we were back in Singapore, my cousin who was also attacked by the leeches had a stomachache so she made her business and guess what. She had past off a leech. It was already inside her body. The leech was dead, and FAT. My cousin couldn't sleep at night, thinking of what my cousin, who works as an army. He told my cousin and I to see the doctor cause in some cases, the leech could breed while sucking our blood and this would lead to pregnancy. Imagine that you have a big tummy just because leeches is breeding inside you. And yes, this has happened before according to my cousin.




The next day I came to school at 10.10 am cause I went to see the doctor. Lucky me. The doctor said the kind of leech that had bitten me is not the kind of leech that will breed on skin, or body of a human. He asked if I could go to school, and I stupidly said 'yes'. I was wearing school uniform, cause dad said I can still attend school and so, I was listed as a latecomer on that day. I was told to meet DM after school so I looked for him after my chinese class to sort things out. I told him why I was late and haha, he was so funny. Out of the blue he told me ways to get rid of a leech and how to prevent it. I was then excused from being late! yess. This is the owner signing off.





Peace, Love & Respect,
The Owner
XoXo

Labels:

BIOGRAPHY


This is basically where Hanisah blogs stuffs that she find to be intriguing or the stuffs that has happened to her. She loves reading Neil Gaimen's books and watching Yasmin Ahmad's films. Hanisah is also insane over acapella and filipino/filipino american (I know, you don't need to know that). She plays the piano. Watching musicals and plays are her thangzs too.



Hanisah's Tumblr


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

free counters

talk it out




Train Station.

spontaneous applause
.fourth!Romance is the designer.
Inspiration from Exuvalia and mintypeach.